It is a role of many facets. Can’t remember how or when I was anointed into it. It just grew on me like the greying of a moustache. Yet I experience it not as some abstract social title but in a flow of moments while wearing many hats. It is traditional to complain about wearing such hats but I find them oddly fulfilling. Here is an unordered list spiced by a bit of sleep deprivation.
- Name on many government forms
- Payer of bills
- Winner in waiting of the best late night Milo ever made for the wife award
- Collaborative logistics co-ordinator of other peoples’ (typically visiting overseas relatives) rapidly changing itineraries
- Humane Evictor of roaches, spiders, and other invaders that cause Mrs C to climb on chairs
- Ignorant beer buyer (all brands look like foaming piss when poured) 15 mins before the guests arrive
- Lugger of heavy things (From/to chariots, up/down stairs, and about the hovel)
- Occasional emergency procurement agent of feminine hygiene products
- Card carrying ACICAS (All Ceylon Ice Coffee Appreciation Society) member
- Retriever of items from high cupboards
- Fetcher/ chauffeur of minds for alms giving, Pirith chanting, and home sermons
- Puller out of credit card when taking people to dinner
- Official photographer, OGF (our group of friends)
- Family IT consultant specialising in getting skype working on ancient computers.
The voices in my head would like to list more. Don’t have the time for more and even less for sleep. So I’ll leave it to you (its all about user generated content no?).
What hats do you wear?